- Justin is one of those people who are committed to their work.
- Justin was the only one of those people who was called.
- Harvard University has kept in touch with her students.
- USA can do anything she wants.
- Titanic was once on her biggest fame.
- I myself am loving the day.
- We enjoyed ourselves in the picnic.
a.)It is wrong to use compound pronouns in place of personal pronouns.
- Wrong: Justin and themselves had a wonderful time.
- Correct: Justin and they had a wonderful time.
b.) There are no words such as hisself, ourselfs, and theirselves; only himself, ourselves, and themselves.
Exercise for Rules 9-13:
Read each sentence carefully. If the sentence is correct, move on to the next sentence. BUT, if you find an error, correct the error first and then move on to the next sentence.
1.) Justin and myself are the best of friends.
2.) The girls theirselves have noticed the problem.
3.) Japan must be proud of what her people have accomplished in a few years.
4.) Jesse is one of those students who are sharing his talents with others.
5.) A bird protects their young from harm.
6.) Does everyone come on time?
7.) Several were late for the talk of the president.
8.) Only one of the children have been sent to the market.
9.) Every teacher must be prepared with her daily lesson plan.
10.) Mother and ourselves went to the sea.
~end of lesson~